PI.EXCHANGE is a well-funded startup focused on the mission of democratising data science and providing AI & analytical services. Our vision is to create a platform where people, even without formal training in data science like IT managers, software engineers or business analysts can easily create, deploy and maintain their AI/ML applications on centralised or edge deployments. We aim to bring to our customers a quick and cost-efficient way to build smart applications and to supercharge their businesses with the power of Data Science, AI, Analytics, and ML/DL.
At PI.EXCHANGE, we are constantly pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo. We are doing it on a daily basis. We may be a small team but we have a huge ambition! Currently we are expanding and looking for awesome people to join us, from data scientists and software engineers to marketers and sales experts to join our team. If you are keen, we love to talk to you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As a Business Development Manager (BDM), you will join PI.EXCHANGE’s core sales, business development, marketing and community team. This is where we innovate and engage with clients and prospects to present all the core offerings (and where you can have all the fun). Your role will be:
- Developing an understanding of PI.EXCHANGE solutions and their customer alignment;
- Building a pipeline of mid-range to large, Australian-based companies’ and organizations in across different sectors, including, but not limited to, Financial Services, Transport and Logistics, Manufacturing and Distribution and Public Sector;
- Managing a high level of activity (5 customer meetings a day) and working on converting 100 leads a month, that are provided by Marketing, which should equate to 10 - 20 qualified opportunities and three sales;
- Negotiating and compiling client contract terms and pricing;
- Coordinating implementation, on boarding and ongoing training of the PI.EXCHANGE platform;
- Ongoing maintenance of the CRM tool with accurate customer and opportunity management information;
- Following up with clients to ensure a high-level of satisfaction with our products and services, troubleshooting and resolving any problems that arise;
- Keeping up to date with market trends, practices and conditions;
- Reporting to management on progress and challenges with monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports; and
- Be an evangelist of our vision, our products and our culture internally and externally.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A self-starter with a strong passion for excellence. You always want to go above and beyond the expected norm in everything you do;
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to be a part in a global, rapidly scaling disruptive organisation;
- Self-driven, professional, ethical, and well developed level of integrity;
- Change doesn't scare you! You love working in the agile, rapidly changing tech market and adjusting to client needs like a regular chameleon;
- Hands-on, willing to get stuck in and unafraid when branching out autonomously;
- Relentless personal drive with a “can’t stop, won't stop” approach;
- A team player, all in and ready to get amongst it! You lead the pack with service and results;
- Strong passion for Sales and Business Development and outstanding customer service with good knowledge and experience in full life-cycle sales process;
- A "Jack of all trades" with breadth and depth of market knowledge;
- Recent proven track record of success within sales, a preference would be within start up and/or SaaS experience with 2+ years in enterprise solution sales;
- Sound commercial experience reviewing and negotiating contract terms;
- High EQ, able to build and critically maintain authentic client relationships;
- A healthy competitive streak, with a track record of success;
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills; and
- BA/BSc/BEng required, in Computer Science, Business Management or a related field. Applications from early career applicants would be welcomed as we have multiple opportunities underway.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package including opportunities for employee options awards (conditions applied);
- Opportunities to enjoy meaningful and disruptive works on game-changing products;
- A flexible, supportive and productive working environment;
- Passionate colleagues and friends. You can find some interesting and like-minded folks here; and
- A strong commitment to your personal and professional growth. You will be a better guru than you are today. And that is a promise!