PI.EXCHANGE is a well-funded startup focused on the mission of democratising data science and providing AI & analytical services. Our vision is to create a platform where people, even without formal training in data science like IT managers, software engineers or business analysts can easily create, deploy and maintain their AI/ML applications on centralised or edge deployments. We aim to bring to our customers a quick and cost-efficient way to build smart applications and to supercharge their businesses with the power of Data Science, AI, Analytics, and ML/DL.
At PI.EXCHANGE, we are constantly pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo. We are doing it on a daily basis. We may be a small team but we have a huge ambition! Currently we are expanding and looking for awesome people to join us, from data scientists and software engineers to marketers and sales experts to join our team. If you are keen, we love to talk to you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
You will be joining as a Senior member of PI.EXCHANGE’s core Engineering team in the development of our flagship product: the PI.EXCHANGE AI & Analytics Engine, an AIaaS self-service smart automated Data Science platform providing a unified GPU-accelerated pipeline for data preparation, ML/DL model development and life-cycle management.
You will be involved in following tasks:
- Self-managing and contributing to the product development activities including both internal projects and joint development projects;
- Conducting end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, analysis, and ongoing deliverables;
- Writing back-end APIs in Go to manage automated data analytics and machine learning pipelines and training systems, and serve machine learning models on top of Kubernetes;
- Developing and optimising data analysis and transformation Spark applications in Scala/Python;
- Working with the Product and Data Science teams to brainstorm, design the architecture, evaluate technologies, implement POCs, benchmark and productionise the ideas;
- Designing and developing high-level SDKs, sample codes in Python/Java on top of auto-generated gRPC APIs of the platform;
- Building and testing in local/development environment, containerising and deploying applications or services to Kubernetes using Helm charts and GitOps tools;
- Working with the Sales and Marketing team to understand the requirements and support our clients;
- Mentoring and providing training to associate/junior software engineers and interns, motivating them to reach the next level;
- Participating in technical content writing. This may be in the form of product documentation, blog articles highlighting new features and use cases, as and when the need arises;
- Understanding and advocating our long-term vision while working with the management and product teams to define and adapt the same; and
- Contributing to the evangelisation of our product and our culture internally and externally.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A self-starter with a strong passion for excellence. You always want to go above and beyond in everything you do;
- An entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude and an innovative mindset;
- Savvy and professional, ethical, and well developed communication skills;
- Can write well designed, testable, efficient code with strong experience in writing unit tests and acceptance tests;
- In-depth skills in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Scala, and Python. Experience with frontend frameworks like Angular is highly useful;
- Solid knowledge in at least one NoSQL database such as Mongo and containerisation and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Good understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigm, distributed & parallel processing, microservices architecture and event-driven architecture;
- Skills in at least one public cloud providers such as GCP, AWS or Azure;
- Basic knowledge of Data Engineering and Machine Learning systems are highly appreciated;
- Proven ability to profile, troubleshoot, and speed up software implementations; and
- Track record (preferably 4+ years) with hand-on experience with modern software engineering methodologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package including opportunities for employee options awards (conditions applied);
- Opportunities to enjoy meaningful and disruptive works on game-changing products;
- A flexible, supportive and productive working environment;
- Passionate colleagues and friends. You can find some interesting and like-minded folks here; and
- A strong commitment to your personal and professional growth. You will be a better guru than you are today. And that is a promise!