PI.EXCHANGE is a growth-stage startup focused on the mission of democratising data science and providing AI & Analytics for centralised and edge AI (AI for IoT/Robotics). Our vision is to create a platform where people, even without formal training in data science like IT managers, software engineers or business analysts can easily create, and enjoy the power of AI on centralised or edge deployments. We aim to bring to our customers a simple, fast and affordable way to build smart applications and smarten their businesses. We want to put the power of AI into their palm and make AI accessible to everyone, every businesses, big or small.
At PI.EXCHANGE, we are constantly pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo. And we are doing it on the daily basis. We may be a small team but we have a huge ambition! Currently we are expanding and looking for awesome people from data scientists and software engineers to marketers and sales to join our team. If you are keen and want to make a dent, we love to talk to you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As a Software Engineer (Full Stack), you will join PI.EXCHANGE’s core Engineering team. This is where we innovate and develop all the core stuffs (and where you can have all the fun). Your role will be:
- Self-manage and contribute to the product development activities including both internal projects and joint development projects;
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, analysis, and ongoing deliverables;
- Architect and develop automated data engineering and machine learning features;
- Collaborate closely with product management, sales and marketing teams. Manage requirements and scope while delighting our customers on results;
- Contribute to product roadmap development and execute it;
- Improve R&D processes with the goal of contributing to the organisation’s lifelong learning and innovative culture;
- Motivate junior/intern staff and provide technical leadership, direction and guidance; and
- Contribute to the evangelization of our products and our culture internally and externally.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A self-starter with a strong passion for excellence. You have the inclination to go above and beyond the expected norm in everything you do;
- Very strong product development mindset & problem solving skills with a diligent “can-do” attitude and an innovative mindset;
- Self-motivation and can work independently or as a team player;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to be a part in a global, rapidly scaling disruptive organisation;
- Savvy, professional, ethical, and well developed interpersonal and team skills. Strong stakeholder/customer facing experience is a big plus;
- Good knowledge of the mathematical foundations of Statistics and Machine Learning. Skills in optimal algorithms, data structures, computational complexity, data analytics and dashboarding/visualisation are highly appreciated;
- In-depth skills in at least two of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Scala, and Python. Experience with frontend frameworks like Angular is highly useful;
- Solid knowledge in at least one NoSQL database such as Mongo or Cassandra and dockerization frameworks such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Good understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigm, distributed & parallel processing, microservices architecture and event-driven architecture;
- Solid understanding and skills with at least one public cloud providers such as GCP, AWS or Azure;
- Experience with any of data analysis or ML tools such as Scikit Learn, Pandas or Spark is strongly required;
- Proven ability to profile, troubleshoot, and speed up software implementations; and
- Track record (preferably 4+ years) with hand-on experience with modern software engineering methodologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package including opportunities for commission, bonus and stock options (conditions applied);
- Opportunities to enjoy meaningful and disruptive works on game changing products;
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive culture built around innovation and performance excellence;
- Stunning and passionate colleagues and friends. You can find some interesting and like-minded folks here; and
- A strong commitment to your personal and professional growth. Whoever you are when joining us, you will exit a better person than you are today. And that is a promise!