This article will show you how to manage users' access to your project using roles.
In a project, users can take on different project-level roles, which will determine their access to certain platform functionality and information.
Note: For more information about project roles, see What are project roles?
You can watch the quick tutorial here:
Adding users to your project
Only users added to your project can see and access your project. The project owner(s) is the only individual who has permission to change the user's project role.
Step 1: Select add user
1. In the project page, navigate to the "Users" tab.
2. Click on "Add user to project button" on the top right
Step 2: Add user
Tip: Project owners can add an existing AI & A user account, who is not in the organization, to the project. The user will show up in the organization as an external user.
1. In the add user dialog box, select the user you want to add to your project. The drop-down is a list of users currently in your organization.
2. Remember to assign a role to your user.
3. Click on the "+ ADD USER" option to add more than one user to your project at once.
4. Click ADD.
Modifying user's project role
Only the project owner has permission to change the user's project role.
Step 1: Select the edit icon
In the project page's user tab, select the edit icon.
Step 2: Change user role
Change the user's project role as desired. Click on EDIT to save changes.
Removing a user from a project
Only the project owner has permission to remove a user from the project.
Step 1: Select the delete icon
In the project page's user tab, select the delete/remove icon.
Step 2: Confirm deletion of user
Click DELETE. The user will be removed from the specified project, but their user account will remain intact.