PI.EXCHANGE is a well-funded startup focused on the mission of democratising data science and providing AI & analytical services. Our vision is to create a platform where people, even without formal training in data science like IT managers, software engineers or business analysts can easily create, deploy and maintain their AI/ML applications on centralised or edge deployments. We aim to bring to our customers a quick and cost-efficient way to build smart applications and to supercharge their businesses with the power of Data Science, AI, and Analytics.
At PI.EXCHANGE, we are constantly pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo. We are doing it on a daily basis. We may be a small team but we have a huge ambition! Currently we are expanding and looking for awesome people to join us, from data scientists and software engineers to marketers and sales experts to join our team. If you are keen, we love to talk to you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
You will be joining as a Senior member of PI.EXCHANGE’s core Engineering team in the development of our flagship product: the PI.EXCHANGE AI & Analytics Engine, an AIaaS self-service smart automated Data Science platform providing a unified GPU-accelerated pipeline for data preparation, ML/DL model development and life-cycle management.
You will be involved in following tasks:
- Self-managing and contributing to the product development activities including both internal projects and joint development projects;
- Conducting end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, analysis, and ongoing deliverables;
- Understanding and breaking user stories and acceptance criteria down into technical requirements that you will then use to plan sprints and develop;
- Working with the Product and Data Science team to brainstorm, design the architecture, evaluate technologies, implement POCs, benchmark and productionise the ideas;
- Understanding and implementing analytical dashboards and machine learning model visualisations;
- Working with the Sales and Marketing team to understand the requirements and support our clients.
- Mentoring and providing training to associate/junior software engineers and interns, motivating them to reach the next level;
- Understanding and advocating our long-term vision while working with the management and product teams to define and adapt the same; and
- Contributing to the evangelisation of our product and our culture internally and externally.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A self-starter with a strong passion for excellence. You always want to go above and beyond in everything you do;
- An entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude and an innovative mindset;
- Savvy and professional, ethical, and well developed communication skills. Fluency in English is a must;
- Can write well designed, testable, efficient code with strong experience in writing unit tests and acceptance tests;
- Proven ability to profile, troubleshoot, and speed up software implementations;
- Strong experience with Angular framework, Single Page Applications architecture, reactive programming libraries such as RxJS and Redux-style State Management framework;
- Proven experience in developing HTML pages from graphical design assets (Adobe, Sketch, or InvisionApp) based on standards, guidelines and best practices;
- Experience with high performance data presentation interface using graphs/charts generation libraries, such as D3 or eCharts is a plus;
- Good understanding in performance optimization, algorithms, data structures, computational complexity, data analytics and dashboarding/visualisation are highly regarded; and
- Proven Track record (preferably 4+ years) with hand-on experience with modern software engineering methodologies, building web-apps, front-end focus;
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package including opportunities for employee options awards (conditions applied);
- Opportunities to enjoy meaningful and disruptive works on game-changing products;
- A flexible, supportive and productive working environment;
- Passionate colleagues and friends. You can find some interesting and like-minded folks here; and
- A strong commitment to your personal and professional growth. You will be a better guru than you are today. And that is a promise!