PI.EXCHANGE is looking for Software Engineers (Frontend) to join our team in HCMC (VN).
Product Data Scientist
PI.EXCHANGE is looking for a Product Data Scientist to join our team in Melbourne (AU) & HCMC (VN).
PI.EXCHANGE is a well-funded startup focused on the mission of democratising data science and providing AI & analytical services. Our vision is to create a platform where people, even without formal training in data science like IT managers, software engineers or business analysts can easily create, deploy and maintain their AI/ML applications on centralised or edge deployments. We aim to bring to our customers a quick and cost-efficient way to build smart applications and to supercharge their businesses with the power of Data Science, AI, and Analytics.
At PI.EXCHANGE, we are constantly pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo. We are doing it on a daily basis. We may be a small team but we have a huge ambition! Currently we are expanding and looking for awesome people to join us, from data scientists and software engineers to marketers and sales experts to join our team. If you are keen, we love to talk to you!
PI.EXCHANGE’s flagship product is the AI & Analytics Engine, our no-code / low-code SaaS platform for building Machine Learning applications for tabular data. We are in the process of taking the Engine to the next level by enhancing its capabilities. Our mission is to democratise Machine Learning and AI: Using the Engine, anyone can bring in their tabular datasets and build ML solutions for their use case. Users can build pipelines to prepare datasets, train and evaluate models, benefit from GPU acceleration where appropriate, then use them in production with ML Ops support.
As a Product Data Scientist, you will be strongly aligned with our vision for the AI & Analytics Engine. You will be working collaboratively within the team and across different teams in the company. Key responsibilities are:
- Developing new data-science / ML functions on the AI & Analytics Engine by contributing production-grade Python code to our code base;
- Taking charge of existing code base for continuous maintenance, bug fixing, and improvement;
- Working with the Software/DevOps Engineering team to brainstorm ideas, develop new features and improve the product, delivering them as per the roadmap and release schedule;
- Facilitate the design process for new features as a representative from the Data Science team, collaborating and sharing knowledge with Product Managers/Analysts, Software/DevOps Engineers, and UI/UX designers;
- Supporting our Marketing, Community, Sales, and Business Development teams with:
- Client facing: Developing and demonstrating use cases on the Engine to sales leads, as well as supporting existing and incoming clients with on-boarding and troubleshooting their data science / ML projects on the Engine;
- Content development: Including product documentation, presentations, developing video tutorials, and technical articles for the website/blog/social media channels; and
- Knowledge: Articulating and explaining new capabilities on the Engine, their applicability to various business use cases and their limitations.
- Mentoring junior Data Scientists in the team; and
- Contribute to the evangelisation of our product and culture internally and externally.
You will have:
- A minimum of 3+ years as a Data Scientist or ML Engineer in a strong data-driven environment;
- Hands-on experience and the ability to code fluently in Python, complemented with the ability to quickly learn and code in other languages (such as Scala) on a smaller scale;
- Knowledge of efficient data structures, computational complexity, and algorithms and the ability to apply them in practical situations;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good theoretical knowledge in probability, statistics, supervised and unsupervised learning, time series and the ability to apply them to projects when needed;
- Demonstrable skills in the Python Data Science stack - scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, scipy. Desirable: Numba, dask, RAPIDS cuML;
- Strong experience or demonstrable ability to rapidly acquire good skills in Apache Spark;
- Working knowledge of deep learning, NLP, Generative AI, LLMs and prompt engineering;
- Experience in / be familiar with / be receptive to adopting good software-engineering standards; and
- The willingness to work as a collaborator in the team or as an individual contributor, depending on the situation.
Priority will be given to candidates who bring one or more of the following:
- “Business experience” i.e., developing and deploying real-world solutions for one or more of the following use cases: demand forecasting in retail/supply chain, revenue optimization, predictive maintenance, price optimization, churn prediction & prevention, fraud detection, or recommender systems;
- MLOps experience: Deployment, continuous learning, and monitoring; and
- Experience in a project involving the use of LLMs.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package including opportunities for employee options awards (conditions applied);
- Opportunities to enjoy meaningful and disruptive works on game-changing products;
- A flexible, supportive and productive working environment;
- Passionate colleagues and friends. You can find some interesting and like-minded folks here; and
- A strong commitment to your personal and professional growth. You will be a better guru than you are today. And that is a promise!