The latest features are now available to use. These include the dataset download feature and the continuous learning feature.
Release 1.5.0: Data Import Improvements and UI/UX Changes
With the new 1.5.0 Engine release, you can look forward to data import improvements, as well as UI/UX changes to make your journey on the Engine more enjoyable.
We are excited to announce a new release of the Engine - version 1.5.0! This release showcases the incredible work the team has accomplished.
We had two primary objectives for this release:
- Improve functionality of Data Import & make recipe-building optional; that is, if users already have clean data, they can just upload it to the Engine and jump straight into training models. To make this possible, we had to completely rethink how to handle the new dataset creation process.
- Overhaul the Engine's user interface and user experience; we witnessed users' troubles in navigating our platform and invested our efforts into making sure the navigation hierarchy is consistent and logical. We've also added suitable onboarding assistance to guide the user through their AI journey.
Alongside those changes, we've also expanded the file types you can upload to the Engine to include Excel, improved the HTTP Import process, and more! For the detailed release notes, visit our Knowledge Hub page on Release 1.5.0.
Let's jump straight into what you can expect from this release!
Data Import Improvements
1. New Dataset Creation Process
Previously, when users imported data to the Engine, it was automatically read and stored as text format if the schema was not provided by the data source. There were drawbacks to this approach. So to address this, we added 2 more steps to the new dataset creation process. Through these steps, the Engine will automatically detect the proper configurations for your file, and allow you to confirm the schema of your dataset.
2. Improved HTTP Process
With the new HTTP process, users can now see the importing process on the GUI prior to creating their new dataset.
3. Excel support for file upload
We're excited about this one too! You can now upload excel files to Engine. Choose the worksheets to include, and the Engine automatically detects the range of data to extract. Of course, as with everything else on the Engine, we focus on flexibility. So, naturally, users can manually configure the data range if they wish to.
4. Query capability for databases
Users can now specify a query when importing data from databases, giving them the ability to specifically extract their desired data. This removes the need for users to use a recipe to attain the same result.
New Engine UI/UX
1. Guided Tour for first-time users
When entering the Engine for the first time, there will be a guided tour with onboarding cards to orient the user around the homepage.
2. New Homepage
Projects are now front-and-centre in the homepage. And for new trial users, the Engine automatically creates "Your first project" for you.
3. New Project-level navigation
We're now using a persistent navigation in the left panel, within the Project-level view. To make it easier for users to understand the next steps to take in their AI journey, we have also added guided steps on both the Project and App pages.
Communicate with the PI.EXCHANGE team
We want to better serve you, our users. To achieve this, we need to provide accessible avenues for you to provide us with your feedback. We want to hear your thoughts, the good and the bad.
At PI.EXCHANGE, we are on a constant quest to better serve our users. We value your opinion! If you have a feature request, let us know here. We want to hear from you.